Hosted by San Joaquin Public Health Services
Date: April 13, 2023
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: Robert J. Cabral Agricultural Center Assembly Room 3
2101 East Earhart Avenue, Stockton, CA. 95206
San Joaquin County Public Health Services (PHS) is hosting the first Black Maternal Health Symposium in honor of Black Maternal Health Week. Join PHS and community partners to learn more about services in the county and meet those who are working hard to reduce the disparities that jeopardize Black Maternal Health.
Featured topics include:
- Urgent maternal warning sign and communicating with providers
- Doula support – How doulas can support mom in advocating for herself
- Lactation support
- Father/Partner support -Services that help fathers/partners to support mothers
- UCSF Preterm Birth Initiative: learn about the work that has been done in the Bay Area
- Local advocacy, how organizations can stand behind the cause
- Legislative visits and centering the voices of the community
Click flyers below to enlarge.
Questions? Please contact Ericka by email email@example.com or phone 704-582-3462